Pages

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Camera Talk

I made the decision that I want to buy a fancier digital camera than my current one. I have a fairly basic camera with 3 times digital zoom and a limited range of settings. I have been enviously eyeing my husband's camera which has ten times zoom. Having decided to buy a new one, P. promptly told me that I should wait because there will be new models out in a week or so.

In the meantime, he lent me his camera to try out, to get an idea of what features I might want. Here are some of the photos I took on a walk around the estuary, on a beautiful sunny winter's day. Some of the birds were obliging enough to pose for me within range of the 10 times zoom. This camera is 8 Megapixels. (Mine is about 3). Set on high resolution the file size turned out to be a bit large for Photoshop's "save for web" feature so I had to do some fiddling - that's why they are not all the same size. I'll figure out the best settings eventually. After my estuary walk, I went into town and took more photos. I'll post some of those later.



7 comments:

Unique Designs from Zazzle said...

outstanding photos

two birds
mirro each other -
silhouette

Endment said...

Very nice photos!
Have fun picking out your new camera.

writingblind said...

I love these pictures. Just lovely.

Kristal said...

New cameras are great! My dad bought me a Canon Digital Rebel and I love it. It doesn't have the same zoom that my old one did, but the picture quality is a hundred times better.

Michele sent me.

Anonymous said...

Great shots, I need a new camera as well. As it is I'm typically borrowing the one I bought for my son. Michele says hi Catherine!

Dak-Ind said...

wonderful pictures! my mom recently bought the conon d20. fancy schmancy and i dont know how to use any of the buttons on it, but bou she takes some great photos with it... im notusually a weird blog commentor about oh go see this site or that, but for some samples of what that camera can do you should go check out my moms blog... http://daffodilsanddragons.blogspot.com

i heartily recommend a camera like hers!

paris parfait said...

These photos are terrific! Cameras are becoming like computers - as soon as you learn all the tricks of one, something more intriguing comes along to catch your fancy. :)