Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Take a Walk With Me #2

These shipping containers were stacked by the railway tracks. I thought the blocks of colour looked rather quilt-like.



Across the railway overbridge and into the fringes of the city area. This is the Roman Catholic Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament.




Looking back towards the hills in the direction I had come from. A rather ordinary street scene, except that I loved the way the blue building and the blue car echoed and intensified the blue of the sky. The blue building is part of the CPIT (Christchurch Polytechnic Institute of Technology).

11 comments:

Princess said...

I wish we had some massive big Roman Cathedrals near where i live around! Thats an awesome photo!

Have a great weekend!

xoxo

Ps. Here from Micheles :D

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Nice pictures Catherine! I Like that Blue & Blue, too....!

Deb R said...

I'm really enjoying these "walk with me" photo series posts!

That container pic is fabulous!

Michael K. Althouse said...

I like the container picture as well. It has an alluring quality to it... and one wouldn't expect that from shipping containers.

Michele sent me over to have a look,

Mike

David Edward said...

you have a great eye for shapes and color. I esp like the shipping containers.

Anonymous said...

Great 'walks' you have on your blog... and poetry.. I love poetry!

I'll be back :)
Thaleia

ps: michele sent me

Karen said...

Good Monday morning!

Love the photos!

Thx for stoppin' by my place.

Anonymous said...

Neat peek on the street.

Kimberley McGill said...

Enjoyed my "stroll" through here this morning. I haven't been able to get out the last couple of mornings due to illness - it was nice walking along with you. I should be able to get out today as soon as the fog burns off.

Mary J. said...

That church/institute is an interesting combination. What a neat find with the Charlie Chaplin.

carmilevy said...

I love the geometry of the containers. This would look fantastic in a frame on a wall.

I relate oh so well to your habit of taking your camera with you when you head out the door. I do this as well, and it results in so many discoveries like this - things that would otherwise go ignored.

Nicely captured!