Pages

Friday, April 27, 2007

NaPoWriMo #25

Today's poem is one in my quest for using rhyme without seeming trivial or humourous. I didn't set out intending to rhyme, but it seemed to want to be that way.

Glimpse

Waking from a dream of flight
you feel the dream was real
that it's the daytime world
that's not quite right
you bend, pick up
a puzzle piece from off the floor
a glimpse of blue
if only you could put it all together,
you might soar.

written for the daily NaPoWriMo prompt "glimpse" at Poetry Thursday

3 comments:

January said...

I really like the last five lines. Love the idea of the blue puzzle piece, a piece of sky, and then soaring. That's really a nice moment.

Anonymous said...

Hello, Michele sent me to read this poem, and I'm glad she did, because I KNOW that feeling...and I love the image you've created in these few lines.

Kay Cooke said...

I am in awe of your feat Catherine. Well done on producing a poem a day. I hope that next year I won't get caught up in a surprise wedding! and will be able to partake all the month long.