Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

NaPoWriMo #13: Secret Codes

This one is written for Carolee's prompt, which was to think of a message, attribute it to an unlikely object, repeat at will and then use one of the lines to start a poem. Rather than just using one, I have used a number of different objects in my poem. Although it's autumn here, the poem ended up with a spring feel to it.
As always, this is a rough draft - it feels as if it needs a little more at the end, but I like the way it's heading.

(All NaPoWriMo poems have now been removed for possible editing and submissions. Contact me if you would like to read them.)

4 comments:

Marianne said...

I love what you've done here!

Unknown said...

I do like the tables and chairs trying to dance.

Wayne Pitchko said...

nicely done Catherine....thanks for this

Anonymous said...

Delightful poem. What fun! I especially enjoyed the curtains flapping "a message in semaphore".