Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

NaPoWriMo: Day 12

Today I went back to using the prompts supplied at Readwritepoem. The prompt, supplied by Angie Werren, was The One You Didn't Choose. Among the rules given were to choose something concrete - so, a thing, rahter than a path not taken. I was thinking of ignoring the prompt again and using another from my store of poem ideas, but then I remembered a travel incident and came up with the following (dashed down in my coffee break, so, it needs a little revision):

(All NaPoWriMo poems have now been removed for possible editing and submissions. Contact me if you would like to read them.)

6 comments:

Stan Ski said...

Can't say I like Haggis, and Chicken Tikka Masala doesn't do much for me either.
I liked your piece though!

Ron. said...

Mr Burns, I think, would approve.

Kay Cooke said...

Catherine - You got across the dilution caused by distance and time, vying with the force of ancestry, very well; with an embedded / implied apology. Enjoyable reading.

Unknown said...

Can't beat good haggis, Catherine, but, as with most things, the quality varies! I used to live 20 minutes drive south of Fort William.

Marianne said...

Haggis scares me; I'd have turned it down, too! I'm sure it's an acquired taste, like Lutefisk! Enjoyed this piece!

one more believer said...

i like that first line...and cruzin thru it is delightful... to the last line... curry is a big time fav of mine!!! take off